As we end the cycle of February with a leap year Road Tripper Monday post of one of our inspiring road trippers, Hari Sabio. Hari joined us also at our first Luna Sea Full Moon Party. Ever since that time, he has joined countless of Road Trips with us and is now one of the Travel Managers of Experience Philippines. His journey in and around the Philippines has inspired others to do the same. You don’t need to spend much to see the Philippines. You just need to go out there and explore.
Here is a snapshot of how cool and inspiring this person is…
1. What do you do for a living?
I manage our Real-estate business, look after pharmaceutical distribution and bakery.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Listening to radio dramas every night. NOOOO!
3. What is the title of the movie about your life?
The Blind Side: I see myself as Michael Oher, looking for a place or yes, a home to fit in. I’ve been through many challenges, but then, eventually, we will find a place where we really belong. I believe that everyone deserves a spot in this crazy world.
4. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your 16 year old self?
“Listen to your parents, they only want the best for you.” I was a rebel without a cause when I was younger, I made lots of mistakes that I regret, but I’m trying to make it up to them.
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would that be and why?
Mamanuca Islands, Fiji. It is my ultimate dream to spend a me time in this paradise, I’m saving for it.
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
If it is possible, Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie, both of them is better! I love the couple!
7. You, unfortunately, have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Grilled Jumbo Shrimp
Pinakbet and fried rice.
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
My Tatay(3 Days) and Nanay(4 Days), I wanted to feel and see how they are doing.
9. Best present you have ever received.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Pres. José Munica. I want to experience how he live so selfless, I have a lot to ask how he live each day and why people love him.
11. How old should a person start traveling?
There is no right age when it comes to traveling, as long he/she is able. There’s a lot see and experience in this world.
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
I love most how we genuinely smile and find ways to enjoy the moment and what we have when traveling, I enjoy the scene from long bus rides, to bumpy boat rides, sunrise and sunsets, sumptuous delicacies almost from every part. There’s so much to love about living in the Philippines.
13. In one sentence, how would like people to remember you?
I would appreciate if they can remember how I made them smile.