#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
Even before the Philippines became the center of Hugot Quotes, there was Hueng. Yes, I think she invented the word “hugot”. She comes up with the wittiest “hugot” quotes that that you cant help laugh. Hueng joined us early last year on our Road Trip to Romblon and since then have been traveling with us. She is a lover of prose and poetry. She is a big fan of indie bands. If she is not busy with her schedule, she loves playing board games in a local shop in Maginhawa Village. She is all things extreme. You will never have a dull moment with Hueng. And we are really thankful that we met a loving person like herself. Thanks Hueng and looking forward to more travels with you soon!
To know more about Hueng, read more about her here —
1. What do you do for a living?
~Depends on who’s asking ???? if someone I want to impress/a potential boytoy I tell him big words about business development and statistics mere strangers – I simply say ‘tagahanap ng mali and inconsistencies’. Yes, like a very insecure girlfriend.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
~It starts with a “G”
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
~Lux in tenebris
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
~Be gentle with yourself. Someone’s rejection is not a rejection of all that you are. When people tell you they want to be with you, believe them.
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
~The Bahamas. i want to be the Olivia Pope standing in the sun with Jake Ballard
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
~Pepe Herrera and a fictional character named Harvey Specter
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
~Joey Mead King, she has everything I ever wanted, well almost.
9. What is the best present you ever received?
~A stunner from Sheena. That’s her telling me to defend myself; literally and figuratively.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
~RHCP’s main man Anthony Kiedis. The other one is Kurt Cobain
~The stranger who completed my Starbucks stickers; he eagerly gave me his when he learned from the barista I only need two na lang. Why? there are people who claim to love us and yet can’t give us what we need. ✌????
11. How old should a person start traveling?
~ As soon as he/she CAN afford (financially and conveniently)
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
~It taught me to let my guard down, to lower my expectations and appreciate not being in my comfort zone; in the end, I always find myself in awe of our country’s natural beauty. And I love talking to locals, and strangers.
13. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
~ I’m a rapid cycler; but my love is fierce than the words I say