#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
And its Monday again! In today’s Road Tripper Monday, we will be knowing more about Jam Alcid! Jam first joined us in one of our Experience Manager Program. And then she joined in some of the road trips in 2017. She is always known for her artistic talent and her amazing events organizing skills. One thing for sure about Jam is that you will never have a dull moment when you travel with her. For sure, you will have a lot of time laughing and talking about existential questions.
To know more about Jam, read more about her here —
1. What do you do for a living?
I am a freelance creative writer for events.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Watching gory movies and really twisted materials about murder, psychos and serial killers. I can definitely sit through movies like A Serbian Film and Maniac without blinking. Or just reading about anything considered as taboo.
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
Akkk! Uhm okay, it’ll be Paris, je t’aime. I chose it because I see life not as a strict, continuous thing, running on one theme from start to finish. I see it as a vignette, an anthology, of my stories and stories of others and the past, present, and future, and whatever’s on TV. Something that you need to watch probably a couple of times for you to understand it.
If I’m going to write it though, I’ll call it Bathroom Thoughts, since most of my life choices are made while I’m in the bathroom.
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
That she should.. be kinder to herself. Being 16 is tough. Being 16 and fat is trauma level. But weight is just a number, and it should not stop her from doing the things she wanted to do. Don’t take no for an answer.
Oh, and someday her childhood crush, Marc Nelson, will attend her birthday party HEHEHEHE.
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
Rio during Carnival season! Or in the French Quarter in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. Ughhh~
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Gael Garcia Bernal. I’ll ask him about his movies, I’ll ask him about the weather, I’ll ask him what’s it like to kiss Diego Luna and what’s the Science of Sleep really about. I’ll make him talk the entire night so I can have his accent and his voice ingrained in my mind.
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
A full omakase, served by Chef Jiro Ono.
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
Definitely Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservation segment producer. I would love to work with that man.
9. What is the best present you ever received?
It has to be my Canon FTQL camera. It’s a present for myself, after eight years of pining for it.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Not person, but people. The cast of Sense8! I wanna feel their magic <3
11. How old should a person start traveling?
Soon as possible! But I believe that for one people to really appreciate traveling, it has to be with his or her own money. The sense of freedom and liberation will add up to the experience, making traveling even more satisfying.
12. If you could go back in time and to relive any moment in your life exactly as it originally happened, what event would choose to experience again?
Oh goodness, it has to be the moment I first sipped the broth of Ichiran’s tonkotsu ramen. I died and went to ramen heaven, and went back to finish the bowl.
13. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
The Philippines feels like a “choose your own adventure” kind of book. No matter where you go, there’s an adventure there that’s just waiting to happen. There’s always something hidden, something that’s waiting to be discovered. You can go and try everything, but you will never get to the bottom of it. The Philippines is one crazy mothereffer. And I love it.
14. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
As the girl who tried the most, loved the most, and shared the best that she had to offer.