#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
In today’s Road Tripper Monday, let’s get to know one of our resident road tripper doctors, Japhet Manalansan. Japhet or Doc Japh (as he is called by the road trippers) first joined our Singles Road Trip #7 in Sorsogon and Biri Island. A seemingly quiet person but with a huge appetite for travel. We think there is no weekend where he is not taking a “backfie” in some remote island of the Philippines. He is a certified #Kaladkarin who has a big heart for children especially those with life long illnesses. He has gone with us on many road trips that we think he has already completed all the 81 provinces of the Philippines.
To know more about Doc Japhet, read more about him here —
1. What do you do for a living?
I’m a Pediatrician.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Waking up late, staying on the bed all day, ordering so much food good for 5 and having no leftovers, while watching movies.
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
Don’t get fat!
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
Tubbataha Reef. It’s a different world down there.
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Valak of Conjuring. ???? Can’t think of any. Haha
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Wagyu Steak with Foie Gras and Truffles.
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
Marco Pierre White, Gordon Ramsay or Jamie Oliver. I will invade their kitchen and cook whatever I like.
9. What is the best present you ever received?
Banana Q from the mother of a patient who had nothing in their pockets.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Haruki Murakami. Will collaborate with him and write a story.
11. How old should a person start traveling?
Any age, as long as he/she’s able to take risks and financially able. ????
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
Traveling was able to get me out of my comfort zone being able to go to beautiful places (which the country has a lot of) and meeting people with different personalities from different walks of life. It’s addicting actually.
13. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
I am the boy who leaves.