#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
And its Monday again! In today’s Road Tripper Monday, let’s get a sneak peek at one of the talented minds in Theatre Arts in the Philippines. Introducing, Jay Roy Tipayan. He is one of our road trippers who joined the 5th Random Outings we held last year 2016. Jay is true blue artist. His love for Philippine culture and art stems from his proud Igorot heritage. He currently works at the PETA Theatre Center as an Arts Manager. A travel junkie and certified shopaholic. 🙂
To know more about Jay, read more about him here —
1. What do you do for a living?
I work full time at Philippine Educational Theater Association (PETA) as an arts manager.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Shopping! No more questions asked ????.
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
“WONDERKEEPER” a wanderer’s journey
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
Be Open! Be Stubborn! Be Brave! Be Resilient! Be Alive! Be Revolutionary! The universe is waiting for you.
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
OMG! There is a lot of fancy places i am thinking right now but i will still choose SAGADA. The home of my Ancestors. The land of the brave with glorious beauty. Everything you see is spectacular and soulful.
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Can it be threesome? Haha! I would love to be with Anne Hathaway and Tom Daley 🙂
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Samundari Khazana, Zillion Dollar Lobster Frittata, California Capitol City Dawg, Frrrozen Haute Chocolate, Margo’s White truffle and gold pizza.
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
Queen Elizabeth 🙂 I want to experience living like a royal and i want them to put this title in the end of my name “Jay Tipayan – Monarch of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England and Head of the Armed Forces” Haha.
But in a more serious note, I would like to have that kind of power that the queen has. I want to use that power in pursuing a just and peaceful society for everyone.
9. What is the best present you ever received?
Hotdog Pillow from the most awesome and coolest Woman, my Mama :).
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
I would love to meet Jesus Christ or Jesus of Nazareth (whatever they call him) 🙂 I want to ask him a lot of questions about the mysteries of life. I want him to tell his stories about his life, the struggles they had and how he was able to defend the marginalized. I looked up to him as the best teacher, organizer and revolutionary.
*Fictional Person: Charles Xavier, It would be interesting and amazing to share stories with the person who read all the minds of the people.
11. How old should a person start traveling?
As early as possible. Start young in discovering the secrets of the universe.
12. If you could go back in time and to relive any moment in your life exactly as it originally happened, what event would choose to experience again?
I want to relive the moment when i was born 🙂
13. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
Meeting people and learning from their rich experiences and culture. Also, making them your co-travelers as you continue your adventure into the wild wild world.
14. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
The wandering soul that made an impact.