#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
Hello Monday! In today’s Road Tripper Monday, let’s get to know one road tripper who has probably climbed many of the mountains of the Philippines. He is small but with a big big heart! Guys, meet JC Javellana or JC. JC joined us on our very first Haunted Road Trip. He is initially quiet but once you get him to talk, you will have endless night of laughs, crazy stories and philosophical conversations. He is one of the lead members of the Mountain Climbing organization called AMCI Mountaineering Club. He is a lover of nature and everything leafy and green and, of course, Kylie Minogue!
To know more about JC, read more about him here —
1. What do you do for a living?
I am a Digital Advertising Creative Director for McCann MRM Manila.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Listening to Air Supply.????
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
“Stranger Than Fiction”.
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
Buckle up kiddo, you’re in for quite an epic ride. And stop kicking yourself for being such a hopeless romantic. Cherish it while you can, ‘coz it dies in 2012. You’ll come out of your cocoon, better, wiser, and stronger but it will never be the same. So enjoy your youth. It’ll be a treasure chest of fond memories you can re-visit when times get tough. And they will. Endure, survive, triumph.
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
Mt. Everest but inly for a few minutes. Just to tick it off my bucket list.
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Always and forever –Kylie Minogue.
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Adobong Baboy at Manok, My Tita Ciao’s Callos and Kare-Kare paired with red organic rice.
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
It may sound morbid but someone who is dying and whose time is running out. I believe that people going through that experience develops a different perspective on life. They’ve had time to reflect on what’s really important, what endures and what does not deserve all the fuss and the stress. It would be nice to have that kind of perspective even when you’re not at the brink of death. ‘Cause it will definitely improve our quality of life.
9. What is the best present you ever received?
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
My lolo on my father’s side and my Lola on my mother’s side because they both died before i got to know them. I’m sure they were awesome. Yes awesomeness runs in the family.
11. How old should a person start traveling?
As soon as they can! So they get used to it early. But for best results, as soon as they are old enough to process each travel experience to enrich their lives. Start them young, expose them to the world. It will do wonders!
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
So many places to go to, so many people to meet, so many adventures to waiting to experience. What’s great is possibilities abound and you don’t even have to go out of the country to get your epic fix.
13. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
Short, but sweet. ????