#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
Happy March, friends! Happy Women’s Month to all the strong, amazing, and beautiful women out there! This month we will be celebrating women as we get to know our roadtrippers. Let’s start with Love Schwarting!
To know more about Love, read more about her here —
1. What do you do for a living
I’m a Senior Client Care Specialist for Sysomos Inc. which is a Social Media Analytics platform.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Listening to 50s music, opera or broadway while alone because no one else will listen with me. Also watching Gordon Ramsay cooking videos one after the other because he has the voice of a god.
Random fact: I kept bugging him on Twitter to rate my food photos and though he never replied, he actually followed me back! :)))
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
Erratic Sunshine of the Wayward Mind (kunwari deep, artsy film siya. Or mala Wes Anderson)
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
“Mag bbreak din kayo, pumayag ka na mag aral sa ibang bansa” :)))
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
Hanggang sa Earth lang ba pwede? Sa International Space Station sana. I’ve always wanted to be an astronaut 🙂
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Harrison Ford, specifically during his “Raiders of the Lost Ark” era
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
ALL the different kinds of sashimi, steak tartare, lechon, Pancake House’s Pan Fried Chicken and Mcdonald’s SG Buttermilk Crispy Chicken burger.
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
I’m fascinated with the British Royal Family so maybe Meghan Markle. She isn’t a royal yet, but now has the perks of being one, and none of the restrictions (so far).
9. What is the best present you ever received?
At the risk of being cheesy, my family because it’s only when I got older that I truly began to appreciate them.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
I would love to meet Vincent Van Gogh. I fell in love with his life as an artist when I read “Lust for Life” by Irving Stone. It was such a vivid biographical novel and made me feel as if Vincent and I could have endless conversations under the stars in the very same coffee shop he painted in “Café Terrace at Night”
11. How old should a person start traveling?
As soon as they are old enough to enjoy the experience. My parents started with me when I was 5 and it’s great to have a lot of fun memories going way back.
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
My most memorable travel destination was in Club Paradise, Palawan, September 2000. (See, very specific yung month and year) It is still hands down the most beautiful island I have been to with the clearest waters, pristine white sand, and amazing corals. We even saw a baby shark!
Last 2017 I got to join Experience Philippines Luna Sea and RRT#48 and it was definitely one for the travel books! Iba bonding namin, especially with the RRT#48, where we had many “what happens in the roadtrip, stays in the roadtrip moments” ???? These people truly made my 2017 so much better.
13. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
“Masaya yan! Tahimik sa umpisa, pero hintayin mo lang pag nakilala mo na.”