#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
And its Monday again! In today’s Road Tripper Monday, we will be knowing more about Rogie Cuyos! He joined the 1st batch of Singles Road Trip in the year 2016. Rogie is an Airline Operations Supervisor. He would like to take her wife with him to Iceland to see Aurora Borealis, if he can be teleported anywhere in the world.
To know more about Rogie, read more about him here —
1. What do you do for a living?
Airline Operations Supervisor
2. What inspires you?
I draw inspiration from a variety of things. It does not necessarily have to be something big. I’ve made life altering decisions out of very small things, like going on a day-long drive for a cup of batirol ?
3. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Snickers and Twix. Its probably bad for me since i hail from a bloodline of diabetics from both sides of my family, but nothing really beats a bar of snickers followed by a pair of twix to ease off the edges at the end of a bad day.
4. What was your best experience joining the road trip?
Getting to share an amazingly beautiful island exclusively with that first SRT batch and chilling out with some of the coolest people ive met. We had an island all to ourselves! ? but really, that was only half of what made that trip so amazing. What made that SRT so great was the journey itself: sharing a bus ride with complete strangers who turned into great friends 4-boat-1-van-2-tricycle rides later. ? ive joined quite a number of road trips after that, a couple wherein i went as a TM, even. Ive got a collection of memories from all these enough to last me until my senile years ? and i plan to rake in more, this time with my better half along with the ride ?.
5. What is the title of the movie of your life?
Ang pelikulang walang pamagat
6. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16-year-old self?
winning lotto combinations for march 2003, august 2010, and january 2018 ?
7. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
First sa mandaluyong, sunduin ko lang wife ko. Then take her with me on to Iceland to see the aurora borealis
8. You, unfortunately, have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Tonkatsudon ramen, crispy pata, sisig and softserve icecream topped with chocochip cookies and a large mug of avocado milkshake
9. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Amelia Earhart. Id bombard her with questions
10. How would you explore a destination on your own?
I usually go on foot. I like going around new places just walking around, taking in the sights and sounds, processing them slowly, savoring the moment.
11. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
Whoever is mission captain for the next flight to the ISS. Just so. ?
12. What is the best present you ever received?
My wife, Iza? the best gift God has ever given me???
13. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Nikola Tesla. I have so much to ask.
14. How old should a person start traveling?
As soon as one makes enough money to do so ?
15. If you could go back in time and to relive any moment in your life exactly as it originally happened, what event would choose to experience again?
The trip to Gudauri with my wife. I could live those days over and over again in a loop ?
16. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
Driving outside manila. There is magic in PH’s provincial roads, all those sights and sounds and all that food that you get to try along the way. It just makes me want to go on and on and drive to the edges of the Philippines ?
17. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
Chew slowly. Savor the moment ?
#FASTTALK: What turns you on?