Last June 14, 2018, The Department of Foreign Affairs or DFA formally launched its passport ePayment Portal to help increase its capacity to receive and process passport applications.
The ePayment Portal requires passport applicants to prepay the processing fees through selected payment centers and, eventually, through debit and credit cards and through over-the-counter cash transactions in select banks.
According to Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter S. Cayetano “Not only will this new payment system be convenient since applicants can pay the fees anywhere, anytime; it will also help us maximize the capacity of our consular offices.” According to the Secretary, only 60 to 65 percent of applicants appear at DFA consular offices on their date of appointment under the old system.
“With ePayment, we expect that no-shows in our consular offices will be significantly reduced, if not totally eliminated. By prepaying, applicants are encouraged to show up lest they forfeit their passport processing fee,” Secretary Cayetano said.
Renewing your passport soon?
Here’s how to use the new DFA ePayment Portal:
1. Go to passport.gov.ph to schedule an appointment.
2. Fill out all the necessary details, and select “Proceed to Payment.”
3. Check your email for the reference number.
4. Head over to your chosen payment center and pay for the processing fee.
- Expedited Processing – PHP 1,200
- Regular Processing – PHP 950
- Convenience Fee – PHP 50
5. Wait for your Confirmed Appointment Packet which will be sent to your email shortly.
6. Print out the packet and bring it on your scheduled appointment date.
List of payment centers:
- Bayad Center
- Pera Hub
- Robinsons Business Center and Department Stores
- Waltermart Department Store
- Western Union
- Villarica Pawnshop
*More payment centers will be included in the coming months as well as credit and debit card facilities.
Check out this handy infographic from the Department of Foreign Affairs.
Frequently Asked Questions About the ePayment Portal
How much do applicants have to pay for?
- Passports applicants will need to pay PHP 1,200.00 for expedited processing and PHP 950.00 for regular processing. A PHP 50.00 convenience fee is charged by authorized Payment Centers on top of the processing fees.
Can the convenience fee and passport processing fee be refunded in case the applicant fails to show up during his/her scheduled appointment?
- No. A refund cannot be processed.
How to get in touch with DFA in case you have questions or concerns about the ePayment Portal?
- You can contact DFA through their Help Desk:
|Telephone Number||(02) 234 3488|
What are the benefits of the DFA ePayment Portal?
- It’s convenient. Applicants can pay their passport processing fees anytime at any participating payment center and eventually online through their credit/debit cards.
- It helps applicants save time. By eliminating one step to undergo at the DFA Consular Office, applicants will be able to significantly save time.
- It encourages passport applicants to show up on their scheduled appointments. Applicants have to observe their appointments lest they forfeit their passport processing fee and convenience fee.
- It allows DFA consular offices to accommodate more passport applicants. By significantly cutting down the processing time, DFA consular offices will be able to accommodate more applicants with the same amount of available resources.
- It gets rid of fixers. Payment of the passport processing fee is a prerequisite before an applicant will be able to receive a confirmed appointment schedule. An applicant’s confirmed appointment schedule is non-transferrable.
NO APPOINTMENT IS NEEDED for the following:
- SENIOR CITIZEN and one (1) travel companion
- PERSON WITH DISABILITY (PWDs) and one (1) travel companion
- SOLO PARENT and his/her minor children
- PREGNANT WOMEN
- MINORS SEVEN (7) YEARS OLD AND BELOW and his/her parents and minor siblings
- OVERSEAS FILIPINO WORKERS (land-based, or seafarers)
You may avail of the OFW LANE or COURTESY LANE at DFA Aseana or at any DFA Consular Office to apply for your passport.
For a list of requirements to avail of this visit, please visit this link.