#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
It’s Road Tripper Monday again and Carl James Castillo is who we would be featuring this week. Carl joined ART70 solo but came back with filled with great memories and new friends. Carl is a computer programmer that loves diving and capturing moments with his camera.
Get a sneak peak of his photography at the images below and be sure to catch his talent in photography at @random.acts.of.carl in instagram!
Know more about Carl here!
1. What do you do for a living?
2. What inspires you?
To make the most out of our short life, to be the best person I can be and to be a prositive and productive member of the society.
3. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Long drives alone where I can be at peace while heading to new adventures.
4. What was your best experience joining the road trip?
Among all of the things we did and all of the places we visited, it was the people who i’m with that made everything memorable. I joined the trip with the fear that i’m solo traveling and might not enjoy it. I ended staying up till 2am with a bunch of crazy people talking about love, boybands and k-pop. A memorable trip indeed.
5. What is the title of the movie of your life?
A Romantic Dinner for One.
6. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16-year-old self?
Invest in bitcoin, don’t worry about love and get out of your damn comfort zone!
7. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
In front of my soulmate (if one does exist). Preferrably with a bouquet of flowers while wearing decent clothes with a list of pick-up lines and funny jokes. If not, then how about in front of a magic lamp with a genie inside to grant me three wishes.
8. You, unfortunately, have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Take me to Macao Imperial Tea. The lines there are so long that I’ll spent a few lifetimes waiting to get my meal.
9. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Hook me up with Gabriel Iglesias. Better yet, have Gabriel wait in line with me at Macao Imperial. I would gladly laugh my night away than whatever “one-night-only-date” alternatives are available.
10. How would you explore a destination on your own?
With a cellphone with data/wifi, google and my camera.
11. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
Hmm.. Gabriel’s wife? hehe. On a serious note, let me trade places with a dive master from Fiji or the Great Barrier Week. Diving those great places while getting paid to do it is a dream of mine. On a less serious note… how about George R.R. Martin? Where are the last GoT books, George?!?
12. What is the best present you ever received?
My dad gave me a powerbank 7 years ago for christmas. It was a very unimpressive christmas gift but that gift has saved me from power crisis countless of times. I still use it to this day
13. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Alex Peirce. He’s runs a youtube show called Alex Peirce SCUBA which features tips about SCUBA equipment and SCUBA history. A great show if you’re into SCUBA diving.
14. How old should a person start traveling?
I believe there is no specific number to dictate when you should start traveling. 18, 24, 40? It doesn’t matter. What matters is you start. So, if you’re reading this and havn’t started already then don’t worry. It’s never too late to start.
15. If you could go back in time and to relive any moment in your life exactly as it originally happened, what event would choose to experience again?
My first SCUBA diving trip. Specifically my “Check out dives” to those divers out there. It was scary, cold, confusing and stressful. I was constantly afraid of drowning, afraid of getting lost due to the low visiblity, afraid of failing the exams and I was having a hard time remembering to breath through my mouth. Yet, that started my new obsession of the deep. So much has changed since that weekend I decided to get wet.
16. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
It’s got to be our beautiful beaches and underwater scenery.
17. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
To my friends, I would like to be remembered as someone dependable, trustworthy and easy going.
- LIGHTS ON
- LIGHTS OFF
- NAG-LET GO
- NI-LET GO