#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
Today, let’s get to know our Road Tripper Celebrity Athlete –Cassie Umali from our Random Road Trip 13 to the stunning Sorsogon Province. A Sportscaster. Events Host. Philippine National athlete for 3 national team sports including the Women’s Team for the Philippine Volcanoes. TV Travel Host. Adventurer. Sports enthusiast. Model. We think she has the perfect and deadly combination of beauty and brains.
But what thing you probably don’t know about here is has an awesome talent for singing? Watch out during karaoke sessions with her.
Thanks Cassie for allowing us to get a glimpse of your life. You rock!
1.What do you do for a living? – Since I don’t make money as an athlete as we play for pride for the nation, I make my living as an events host and sportscaster.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures? – 1 ½ hr Full body massages. It’s what I reward myself with every week.
3. What is the title of the movie about your life? – A.) Is this a question of what movie title would be most relatable to my life? Or B.) Is the question that if I were to make a movie of my life what would the title be? A. The most recent movie I can think of would probably be “Maleficent”. I can relate to the lead role and her many character developments throughout the movie. B. If I were to entitle the movie of my life it could be “Passionate Adrenaline”
4. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your 16 year old self? – Only 2 strikes should be the maximum.
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would that be and why? – If I were a hopeless romantic I’d ask to be teleported right beside my soul mate. But I’m practical so teleport me to Greece please! I’ll come across my soul mate in the next life time, for now I want to see the ancient city before it’s gone. Hehe…
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with? – Zac Efron
7. You, unfortunately, have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu? – The theme would be Surf n turf: appetizer would be clam chowder, entrée well-seasoned juicy medium-rare lamb chops and a lot of baked mussels with brie cheese, butter & garlic bits. Paired with a bottle of really good vintage white wine, high in alcohol content (so I’ll be drunk when they do execute me). Then finally for dessert carrot cheese cake with cream cheese frosting.
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why? – J.Lo coz she’s awesomely multi-talented. Good thing she divorced Marc Anthony already coz if they were still married then I wouldn’t have chosen to be her for a week.
9. Best present you have ever received. – A puppy when I was younger. I loved pets and animals so much that when I was younger I wanted to be a veterinarian. I didn’t pursue it coz I didn’t want to memorize a million scientific names of animals and medicines.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why? – If he were still alive it’d be Mahatma Gandhi, so he can enlighten me even more up close and in person. I believe his aura radiates so much wisdom and goodness, that merely being in his presence some of it is bound to rub off on me as well.
11. How old should a person start traveling? – My parents told me I started traveling since I was 6 months old. We were lucky that my dad used to work for United Airline when we lived in the States. So I’ve traveled to a lot of places before we moved to the Philippines.
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines? – They say the best things in life are free but the best things in life are free and getting paid for it at the same time. I’m lucky to do the work that I do and have done. As an event host and a TV travel host before I get to do just that.
13. Do you agree that Harry Potter was a huge asshole and probably the least exciting character in the entire series? Like, he spent seven years terrorizing his friends with his own problems, ya know? They had their own shit going on and here comes Harry Potter just f***ing shit up left and right? They had lives, too. They all had lives, Harry. IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU. – Harry didn’t even want all that attention and most especially all that responsibility he just wanted to be a normal teenager. But it happens bad guys try messing up your life and it’s your friends that help you get through it because they want to. They did have their own lives too and Harry as their friend as well also returned the favor and helped them out when they needed it.
14. What do you do when a baby just stares at you in public? Like, doesn’t even blink, just maintains intense, aggressive eye contact with their baby face. WHAT DO YOU DO IN THIS SITUATION? – I usually just ignore it. That’s a baby the parents aren’t able to teach it yet that it’s actually bad to stare.
15. How many times does it take for you to listen to a song that you love before you actually hate it instead? – When I do like a new song I’ll put it on repeat. It annoys the hell out of my brother. But for me to get sick of it maybe 200 times.
16. Finally, and this one is important, so please pay attention What do you think cats dream about? – They dream of Catnip of course