#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
Our feature Roadtripper for today will be Chad Gonzales! He has already joined multiple roadtrips namely, SRT28, RRT50 and RRT55. He’s working as a Mobile Software Engineer and has been travelling quite a lot too!
Get to know more about Chad here
1. What do you do for a living?
Mobile Software Engineer
2. What inspires you?
Learning new things, and finding people with similar interests
3. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Traveling somewhere unbeknownst and all strawberry delicacies in general
4. What was your best experience joining the road trip?
Discovering new places and meeting new people
5. What is the title of the movie of your life?
Heart and Souls
6. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16-year-old self?
Be positive. Be confident.
7. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
New Zealand, especially in the Hobbiton Set. As a Tolkien and Peter Jackson fan, I always wanted to experience and explore the vast lands of Middle Earth, which can only be done by visiting every LOTR and TH film locations there. Every place in New Zealand is mind blowing.
8. You, unfortunately, have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Chicken burger, with the size of Jawbreaker from Zark’s, plus strawberry milkshake
9. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
10. How would you explore a destination on your own?
I always do research first before committing. Having the right information to your destination is the key to survival, in my opinion. Then, I bring my essential tools, like GPS, battery pack, backup phone, etc. and, of course, my self confidence and positivity just because of… well… Murphy’s Law.
11. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
Elon Musk, because I have this strong curiosity about his upcoming projects. Just want to peek every single part of it.
12. What is the best present you ever received?
A 35L travel backpack from my sister. I always use it in my travels.
13. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Steven Spielberg, because his movies are amazing and also a fan.
14. How old should a person start traveling?
Old enough to support him- or herself financially
15. If you could go back in time and to relive any moment in your life exactly as it originally happened, what event would choose to experience again?
I definitely would go back to my younger years and visit my grandparents with my family in Goa, Camarines Sur. All of my memories there are now gone.
16. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
Visiting beautiful sceneries and be amazed by it.
17. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
the kid who has over 30 Linya Linya shirts xD
- LIGHTS ON
- LIGHTS OFF
- NAG-LET GO
- NI-LET GO