#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
Here we go for another Road Tripper of July! Today, we will feature Mr. Dave de Bien, an Engineer by day and a professional photographer at night. We met Dave during our first Luna Sea Full Moon Party. Initially, we thought he was a quiet guy but as you get to know him, he is quite a character. Since his first road trip, he joined us again for other Random Road Trips and Kaladkarin Road Trips.
To know more about Dave, read more about him here —
1. What do you do for a living?
I’m an Electronics Engineer by profession but practicing System Test Engineer in an Automation company on weekdays. On weekends, I offer my photography services to my friends and relatives.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Watching an entire season of a TV Series in one day. No sleep, just food and bladder break.
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
The Library of Congress in United States. It is the largest library in the world. I love reading books ever since I was young child.
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Tuyo with Burong Kanin
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
President Rodrigo Duterte. I would like to know how hard to lead a country with staunch critics like the Liberal Party. I would like to know as well how it feels to be beloved by most Filipino despite being painted bad by our mainstream media.
9. What is the best present you ever received?
My one and only son.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Scott Kelby. He is the famous photographer known in our contemporary. I want to learn new techniques from him personally.
11. How old should a person start traveling?
As soon as possible. I don’t think there is an age for that but rather a level of maturity and responsibility. You may travel as young as possible but make sure that you are spending your money for travel with a sense of responsibility.
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
Visiting Mindanao. Our mainstream media describe it as the most dangerous place in our country. However, I feel safer in Mindanao specially in Davao City than in Metro Manila. The people are very disciplined. I happen to swim the most fascinating river, the Enchanted River of Hinatuan. The most beautiful falls I ever saw, the Tinuy-an Falls of Bislig in Surigao Del Sur.
13. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
They laugh at me because I’m different; I laugh at them because they’re all the same.0