#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
Welcome to the first Monday of September! Today, we will feature Herbie Lelina, a gifted singer from the band Mooncake. He is a lover of arts and music. It is no wonder that he excels so well in his craft of interior design. We met Herbie in one of first road trips in Romblon. He was even able to compose an awesome song for us. A lover of all things simple, I guess that is how we would describe Herbie.
To know more about Herbie, read more about him here —
1. What do you do for a living?
I’m a designer and a part time musician/songwriter.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Sitting alone on a beach with my guitar while sipping a good bottle of wine and a lit joint.
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
Himig, ang istorya ni Herbie Lelina
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
Woah!! A lot actually but this line would be enough- “Herbie, don’t rush things and always listen to your mom.”
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
It would be Nathalie Portman.
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Appetizer: Cinnamon space cake
Main course: paella bongole, kare-kare, ginisang mungo with Bagnet toppings and Spicy pinakurat vinegar sawsawan
Dessert : Blueberry cheesecake
Then finish it off with a bottle of red wine, sliced Parmesan cheese and spicy salami.
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
I’m not a violent person but I would be delighted to trade position with President Duterte. I would love to execute (if possible) all the corrupt politicians and scumbags who destroys our country.
9. What is the best present you ever received?
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
I would love to meet and jam with the whole Eraserheads band.
11. How old should a person start traveling?
As early as a person walks. The world is a huge canvass to be filled by your footprints.
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
My best experience so far is my first and last climb of Mt.Ugo. I got the chance to experience the struggle with a guitar on my back with two big “bayong” of goods on both my hands for the school kids that are waiting for us.
There’s always a tickle on my inner self everytime I climb a mountain or hanging out on a secluded beach somewhere.
13. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
“Ako ay isang munting himig na patuloy mo pa rin’g maririnig, nabuhay ng malaya na may tunay na ligaya.”
A line from my song “Himig”.0