#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
Isn’t it a good way to end the #RoadTripperMonday of November with a story of adventure? Because today, we will feature Janrey Ligutan, one of the members of a famous Filipino band called Poor Dead Rats. He joined us in our first Luna Sea gig last 2015. He has a day job but work part time as one of travel coordinators of local tour group because travel has made fall in love with the Philippines more and wants other to experience the Philippines more.
To know more about Janrey, read more about him here —
1. What do you do for a living
I’m currently employed as Licensing of Philam Asset Management, Inc. I’m also a part time travel coordinator of Banda Rito PH which is more of a hiking adventures.
In a band – The Bed Bites (Singer-Songwriter, Guitar), Poor Dead Rats (Bassist) & Paper Eleven (Lead Guitar).
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Well, one thing is, I’m a music junkie, not because I’m also in a band but that’s a big part of making my own music. I can’t live without music. I was born and raised by it.
Also, Hiking activities (actually it’s not my thing, kahit tanungin niyo pa ex ko but it did grow on me noong wala na kami.) haha!
FYI, mas nakakapagod pa nga manligaw kesa mag hike! Joke!
Running is my game! I always run after office hours to sweep the stress away.
I’m also a film, art & poetry enthusiast. I love to go to every museums and shows
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
Go Jany, Go! Go! (Jany B’ Good) Haha!
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
Think less of not so-important things that will give you stress, buy less material stuff and prepare to save money to embrace the awesomness travel experience!
At, masasaktan ka… pero tatayo ka ulet, para magmahal. Cheret! Haha!
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
I’ve always dream of going to Mars, but if I had a chance to teleport anywhere (kahit naka boxer and sando lang) I want to go to Abbey Road and portray the famous The Beatles pose on their Abbey Road Album.
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Ayyy! Si ano po… si Zoey Deschanel then we will make one recording after ng date. I’m a big fan of She & Him! Dati kasi si Lindsay Lohan. Haha!
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
I think this is the hardest question. But can I have a buffet nalang in Vikings?
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
I’ve always love my place at home with my family. But If I had I chance to trade for a week, I’m thinking sa Malacanang. Well, I can travel around the world, but I want to experience chilling inside the palace! Haha!
9. What is the best present you ever received?
I just remember when I was a kid on a Christmas day, I don’t remember my age though. Santa Claus came to our house then gave me a Family Computer! Yes, I’m a spoiled brat before. Haha!
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
If I had a chance, of course. The president of the Philippines!
11. How old should a person start traveling?
If you’re making your own money by now, then don’t wait till you’re old and grumpy. The perfect range for me is 20-30 years old. Wag ka muna mag aasawa! Haha!
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
Of course, the best travel experience is if you’re with friends, families and love ones, Kahit saan mang sulok ng Pilipinas. The best by far for me is when I’m in Iloilo – Islas de Gigantes. Island hopping with my friends. Sulit ang ganda!
13. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
Tall, dark and handsome with eyeglasses to see you clearly… wait sentence ba yon?0