#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
Welcome to the second Monday of November! Today, we will feature Jen Medrano, a Quality Assurance specialist of Infor. She joined us in one of our Canon Road Trips, a photography based road trip with some of the legends in Philippine photography.
To know more about Jen, read more about her here —
1. What do you do for a living
I work as a Quality Assurance Analyst; who finds fault in someone else’s work and tries to break it if possible. lol
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Watching airplanes when they’re up in the sky or whenever I drive through near the airport, I take a few good seconds glimpsing at the planes. it gives me kilig every time.
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
“Take a Detour”
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
Girl, don’t you think it’s still early to be in a relationship? You’re in college and you’re supposed to be just focused on that and make your parents proud. But, don’t blame yourself if you failed in some point. Life does not expect you to win and be perfect all the time. Make sure that you always give your best effort in whatever you’re doing. Treasure what you have and try to keep your circle few but true.
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
Maldives. Because it’s Maldives!
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Why is this question so selfish? Lol
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Japanese rolls, pasta, fried chicken, potato wedges and isaw. Oh, and bannoffee pie for dessert. Not gonna care about calories cos i’m hella dying!
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
Kim Jones. Cos she’s classy, fashionable and madly travels all the freakin time. She still gets to do what she loves even if she’s already married (with a hot guy).
9. What is the best present you ever received?
A Starbucks tumbler from Spain that my best friend bought for me. It’s a simple present, but the thought of him to give me something even if we do not talk that much anymore made it more special.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Beyoncé. I wonder what it feels like to be like her, to have everything. Even her issues and struggles, I’m sure she still have such.
11. How old should a person start traveling?
Age should not limit a person in traveling. Ofcourse there are some exceptions – toddlers, not being physically fit. But for me, as long as you can take care of yourself, if you can finance yourself or if your parents allow and support you, then go. Explore. Have fun!
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
Tabo and tsinelas are just some few cool stuff in the Philippines.
I guess I like how us Filipinos still show positive vibes in spite of poverty and struggles.
Cheap deals; haggling in the public market or wherever. We always like to bargain.
13. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
To quote Adam Emanon, a writer, “I will most likely still be forgotten. And I’m OK with that. I believe I’m having some positive effect (however slight) on those around me, and that’s better than nothing.”0