#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
And it’s Monday again! One of the hardest things to write about in Road Tripper Monday is when we introduce the Road Tripper. But for this particular Road Tripper, we did not have a problem with. Meet JJ Villanueva. And here is what he has to say about himself –
Hi! I’m SirJJ. Actually, I’m a Certified Public Accountant by profession, but I’m a teacher by passion. I used to work at the largest professional services firm in the Philippines, SGV & Co. Did audit work for 3 years. At first, it was fun. You really get to practice what you’ve learned during college. But it came to a point when I was just dragging myself to work. There was no life. There was no fire in what I do. I asked myself, “does this job give me the opportunity to do what I do best every day?” the quick answer was no. Until I was given the chance to facilitate some training and workshops. And the first time I held a microphone in my hand and talk in front of people about things that really matter, I said to myself, “this is what I love to do! I love to teach people; I love to be with people; I love to talk about love.” So I quit that job and started teaching. I’ve been teaching for 8 years now and there’s no greater satisfaction than to see the lives of people change because you’ve been a part of it. Swabeh! Hehe!
To know more about swabeh JJ, read more about him here —
1. What do you do for a living?
If living means what I do to earn money, I facilitate team building activities; speak at different seminars (High Notes*); host different events.
*High Notes is a motivational, inspirational, know thyself seminar where we talk about things not normally touched or are prohibited from being discussed in the classroom. The discussion focus on love, relationship, spirituality, career, purpose, truth and other existential bummer stuff. If you want a swabeh seminar like this, just ping me on facebook @JJ Villanueva (DP is the Sperman Logo).
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Pass! NSFW! Hahaha!
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
Anak ng Kabuteng Tae or Holy Shit!
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16-year-old self?
– Know thyself. Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
I want to see if the world is flat or round. Haha!
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Huhu! Why only one? Can we have a context? Haha! If that date would just be a friendly one, it would be with Loisa Andalio. I could just look at her face forever and vanish! Haha! If it’s a date with the intention of being together, Yassi Pressman. Ideal girl! We can get married right now! Haha! But if it’s for the customary meaning of one-night-stand, Ellen Adarna! I dreamt of her and never wanted to be awake again! Hahaha!
7. You, unfortunately, have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
– Dried Magic Mushroom (8 grams)
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
Pope Francis! I’d open the Vatican archives, then sell all properties of the Church, and, lastly, disband the Church and build a new world. Hehe!
9. What is the best present you ever received?
This is hard! If present means material gifts, hmmm, cell fone from my mom. Because I can’t afford and it would be impractical to buy a nice phone. Haha! But if present means gift of any kind or nature, it would be the magic mushroom trip in 2015. Because it really turned my world upside-down. It has given me a new perspective about this life. It has shown me a glimpse of heaven. It has taken me to hell and back. It’s the most important, life-changing experience I’ve had. If we have to travel differently, then the journey within is the importantorant one.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Jesus Christ! I’m not cursing! The answer is really Jesus Christ! Hehe! Why? Because i want to ask some questions to Him. Example: (1) Do you want to be worshipped, idolized, prayed to, and be considered as our Lord and Savior? (2) What is sin? Is God offended when we sin? I mean, can we really hurt God? (3) Do you smoke weed? Haha!
11. How old should a person start traveling?
Hmmm! I guess when you can already defend yourself from the crooks of society. If you have the budget to travel, good. If you don’t have a budget and a means to have a budget, then not good. Haha!
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
– People. You get to meet people and see the world from their eyes, feel the world from their heart, and experience life from their soul.
13. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
Be remembered as someone who reminds everyone that it’s just a ride; it’s just a dream; and that it’s all about love. As Dalai Lama said, “our primary purpose is to help people. And if we cannot help them, at least, don’t hurt them.” That’s the Golden Rule.0