#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
And its Monday again! In today’s Road Tripper Monday, we will be knowing more about Shiela Marie Alicante! Shiela joined the Singles Road Trip #13 in the year 2016. She works as an HR officer and an English Tutor.
To know more about Shiela, read more about her here —
1. What do you do for a living?
I am an HR Officer and English Tutor. (Work hard. Travel harder.)
2. What inspires you?
3. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Eating out alone. Whenever I want to try a new restaurant or just randomly saw an interesting restaurant or food online/on tv, I make sure to try them immediately – even when I have to eat alone. Not wallet-friendly but it satisfies my curiosity and love for food plus I get to enjoy some me-time!
4. What was your best experience joining the road trip?
As cliché as it may sound, my best experience is still meeting new people. I met some amazing individuals with interesting and inspiring stories. We still communicate with each other from time to time, meet for dinners, and sometimes see each other on random trips! They even inspire me with their travels!
5. What is the title of the movie of your life?
One More Chance. Enough said.
6. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16-year-old self?
That it’s okay to have fun. I wasn’t a nerdy student back then but I just focused on my studies – dorm-classroom-org-dorm was basically my routine. I barely went out with my friends. I could have used some of my time partying/hanging out and gaining new acquaintances. I could have met The One back then! HAHA
And yes, the Bucket List you wrote for SocSci2? You’ll definitely cross some of them out earlier than you expected. #patsback
7. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
Paris, France. My French language skills definitely need some brushing up. And I still have to see the Eiffel Tower and eat at one of those Michelin-starred restaurants!
8. You, unfortunately, have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Just bring me to any night market/food market in South Korea, Taiwan or Thailand. I am a sucker for street food. #CheapEats
Or actually no need to go far. Ooma’s aburi maki menu are to die for that I even got myself a membership card! (thinking about them now. huhu.)
9. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Are Korean Celebrities valid? Because I’d definitely go out with Gray of AOMG! Google him or listen to the songs he produced/featured in, please. 🙂
10. How would you explore a destination on your own?
I actually enjoy traveling alone – I’ve been to a few countries by myself. What I would usually do is look for the well-recommended restaurants/food stalls by locals and tourists and check what are the must-see during the season of my visit . And then plan on how I’ll go around using those coordinates. I am all for great scenery and gastronomic experiences.
11. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
12. What is the best present you ever received?
A bear that was given to me on my birthday. It was the only gift I got from THAT person. (emo emo)
13. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Can we bring back Anthony Bourdain? I would love to hear stories straight from him about the places he visited and the people he met while doing his shows Parts Unknown, Layover, and No Reservations. Those were some of my favorite tv shows of all time.
14. How old should a person start traveling?
You are never too young nor too old to travel 🙂
Realistically speaking, as long as you are able to fund your travel and not go bankrupt, go for it!
15. If you could go back in time and to relive any moment in your life exactly as it originally happened, what event would choose to experience again?
I actually have a lot. Maybe the Freshman General Assembly in UP Diliman back in 2006. It was at the University Theater. I was seated with some of the smartest kids and finally, my UP dreams came true. I actually cried while singing UP Naming Mahal.
16. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
You have unlimited places to explore and things to do. Whether you are up for some mountain climbing, beach bumming, or food tripping, the country has a lot of it!
17. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
Just a simple person with simple dreams.
#FASTTALK: What turns you on?
- LIGHTS ON
- LIGHTS OFF