#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
Meet Stephanie Oentoro or Steffie. She is Experience Philippines Client Support and she is not SIRI. Haha! It is ongoing joke that those who answer inquiries about the Road Trips is us pretending to be an autoresponder. Well.. Steffie is real and she is the one who takes time to read and go through every single email about the random road trips. But more importantly, she is one selfless person who really would go out of her way to help a friend! A comic geek, a foodie, an artist and a big fan of Chris Evans.
To know more about Steffie, read about her here —
1. What do you do for a living?
When I’m not making things sound fluffy and posting it on social media, I (try to) help ExPH build their travel empire. <3
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
I enjoy reading (and occasionally writing) fan fiction and paranormal romance novels. Haha!
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
Under the Tuscan Sun (2003) – It’s both painfully heartbreaking and wonderfully hopeful at the same time. It’s a story of love (that goes beyond just the romantic kind), friendship, and ultimately finding one’s self. And it’s a nice reminder that no matter what happens, you’re never really alone.
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
“Bran thought about it. ‘Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid?’
‘That is the only time a man can be brave,’ his father told him.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
Does it have to be a real place? Cause I’d really like to see/live in Asgard… If not then a Scottish castle that overlooks the sea; I’ve always found peace in the stillness of the countryside. I’ll admit that this answer has a lot to do with wanting to feel like I’m on the set of Outlander.
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Natalie Portman. That woman’s intelligence knows no bounds and it doesn’t help that she’s absolutely gorgeous; my ultimate girl crush! Oh or Hayley Atwell… Then I’d ask her to introduce me to Chris Evans cause you know, it can’t just be a one night thing with Chris. #MayForever
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Squid and all variations of oysters – baked, raw, fried…
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
Tom Hiddleston – I would love to know what it is exactly that makes him so well-suited to play the god of lies and mischief. It’s an added bonus that he’s eloquent, charming, and so very British. Also, I want to know what it feels like to be a man and what it is about men that had us living in a patriarchal society for so long.
9. What is the best present you ever received?
The friends I have now. We’re all different kinds of weird so I fit right in. Haha!
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Van Gogh – First I’d fangirl over his art, then if I can remember to breathe, I’d let him know that his art inspires many long after his death. If not him then Stan Lee; if I could do only one thing before I die, I’d like to create comics with this man and have the Russos turn it into a movie!
11. How old should a person start traveling?
I don’t think there is an age limit as to when someone should start traveling. They should start as early as they can!
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
I really enjoyed the 6 hour van ride from Puerto Princesa to El Nido, no matter that my legs were cramping and I felt like a human sardine; it was all green fields as far as the eye can see with no cold, concrete buildings. So peaceful.
13. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
I want people to remember me by all the happy memories we shared. 0