#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
Happy New Year, everyone! How did you all welcome 2018? Today, we welcome 2018 by getting to know one of our Road Trippers because it’s the first #RoadTripperMonday of the year! Let us introduce Ram Juanico. Ram joined us last year for the stormy weather Random Road Trip 47. It was one for the books since the plan kept changing due to the weather conditions. Nonetheless, it was still a success and turned out to be for the better.
To know more about Ram, read more about him here —
1. What do you do for a living
I am a Software Engineer for an IT company which specializes in Airline Cargo industry.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
I sometimes indulged with two large sized pizzas or ordered a group meal and ate it all by myself when i was very bored, stressed, or down.
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
Forrest Gump. Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
Ram, you are doing great in your future self. I know you kept on worrying what will happen 10 years from now. You will be experiencing rejections and struggles along the way. But the only thing you could do is stand up, pick up the pieces, learn from the mistakes, and start again.
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
Switzerland. I want to visit the Alps!
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Green King from Ramen Nagi AND Tantanmen from Mendokoru Ramenba.
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
I guess with my two older sisters. I want to experience how living in other country feels like. At the same time, I want them to share the experience how traveling in PH feels like. (special mention kay Tantan and Tetet, dito na po ako sa ExPH. Hihi)
9. What is the best present you ever received?
The G-shock watch given by my father which I am currently using whenever I do out of town trips. Very decent watch even in different places or activities especially when swimming or trekking.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Jorge Mario Bergoglio a.k.a Pope Francis. A very humble man and opens his views and opinions to the modern society.
11. How old should a person start traveling?
If this means solo traveling, I recommend after Highschool. You know the dos and donts of traveling at an early age and you know how to carry yourself in the real world all by yourself. You also have the allowance to travel minus the stress of college life.
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
Kawasan Canyoneering in Cebu. I have an extreme fear of heights and the experience requires you to jump on high falls in order to proceed on to the next one. Good thing I am still alive!
13. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
Personally, I don’t mind what other people would remember me. I may be just an acquaintance to some, or maybe a geeky classmate, or the person who invites fellow random road trippers for a board game night, or the noisiest drunk. What’s important is it’s ME.