#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
When we first met Sheryl Saboriendo, it was during our Slidefest Road Trip back in the summer of 2015. What struck us with her is her affable smile and cheerful disposition. Months later she joined again another Road Trip to the province of Aurora. There she showed us her quirky personality and infectious cheerful spirit. She was game for everything. She naturally glued together everyone with her positive outlook and zest for adventure.
A practitioner of medicine and a lover of children, let us all get to know this wonderful person a little bit more.
1. What do you do for a living?
Making the world a better place. #chos
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Chocolates! It really makes my heart happy.
3. What is the title of the movie about your life?
“sinukat ka ngunit kulang” :)) joke. A Walk to Remember.
4. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your 16 year old self?
This really is the time of your life, a time to choose the path less traveled and decide for yourself for the very first time. I cannot be more proud than what you’ve been through, but hey yeah, I hope you waited long enough for some things in your life.
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would that be and why?
Somewhere where my heart is kiddeeeng. I want to be in Europe, it’s my dream to stroll on its busy streets and make my way home. I love walking around strange places, it’s the best feeling in the world — finding your home after a long day of sore feet and dirty clothes and getting lost.
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Chris Evans. But yeah, if Captain America is real, then the latter instead
7. You, unfortunately, have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
I’ll definitely indulge myself with sweets. The dessert section is my place! But I’ll eat all my mom’s specialty! I’d like the taste of her Karekare and bagoong on my lips before my last breath.
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
Nataly Osmann! >:) if I could travel the world just like that!
9. Best present you have ever received.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
I want to talk to the pope, his life intrigues me. I want to be encouraged and be inspired with his life (despite our differences in sectoral beliefs).
11. How old should a person start traveling?
Travel while young, travel when able. It’s definitely worth it and the best in the world! Life is short, don’t think about it, just do it!
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
The Philippines is such a beautiful place, lots of lovely and friendly people as well. Nothing beats its natural wonders!
13. In one sentence, how would like people to remember you?
Someone who has touched their lives in more ways than one. 🙂