#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
It is Monday and a brand New Year! We would like to welcome 2017 with our weekly dose of Road Tripper awesomeness! In today’s Road Tripper Monday, we will get to know a Road Tripper from Singles Road Trip #8, Bernard Castillo. He joined our Singles Road Trip in Apo Reef in Occidental Mindoro. He is a talented photographer who specializes in portraiture, events and fashion. After working as a corporate employee for several years, he decided to quit his prestigious job and pursue his love for photography. We are so inspired by his story that we could not pass up the chance including him in our Road Tripper Monday.
To know more about Bernard, read more about him here —
1. What do you do for a living?
I am a freelance photographer. Just recently decided to make money out of my love of photography 🙂
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Binge TV watching and internet surfing. Oh only one, procrastinating then. TV and internet make me procrastinate so yeah. lol
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
Brace yourself! It’s gon’ be a wild ride!
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
I’ve always been fascinated by Europe. The architecture, landscapes, and picture perfect places to visit there. So travel to travel to Europe for free? Sign me up. 🙂
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
No one really pops in my mind. But if I have to choose, it would be…sorry wala talaga. haha
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Defo adobo is included. Pistachio ice cream and coffee.
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
Benjamin Von Wong. I just want to experience his creative world. He’s my favorite photographer and you should definitely check his works!
9. What is the best present you ever received?
Mababaw lang. Birthday cake. I love being surprised kaya a surprise birthday cake means a lot to me.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Benjamin Von Wong again. haha. Would ask him so many questions til he gets annoyed already.
11. How old should a person start traveling?
As soon as one could walk. I tell you, go travel! Best thing ever! Magastos nga lang but work hard for it! It’s worth it haha
12. If you could go back in time and to relive any moment in your life exactly as it originally happened, what event would choose to experience again?
This is getting dramatic, haha! This is going to sound so shallow and high-school-ish but it’s the time when it was announced that I was the class valedictorian of my high school. Up to this day, I remember how good the feeling was of finally getting the thing that I badly wanted, something I worked and prayed hard for. I cried. A lot. haha. That feeling is what keeps me inspired to actually work hard and put the best in all I do. Told ya! It’s gonna get dramatic and cheesy! lol
13. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
My Palawan trip was short but sweet. We went to the underground river, which I initially thought was another one of those go-just-so-you-can-say-you-went-to places. But man that place was magical. And of course, meeting other travellers.
14. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
Someone who lived, loved, and inspired.