#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
It’s definitely a fine Monday to know a Road Tripper! Today, we will feature Mike Obana. He joined us on our first Haunted Road Trip in 2015. Currently, he is based in Dubai working as an emergency response nurse. What people do not know if Mike is that he is a very good dancer. He choreographs and joins dance competitions every now and then.
To know more about Mike, read more about him here —
1. What do you do for a living?
I usually tell people that I’m batman. I’m currently working as a nurse and a paramedic here in Dubai. So yeah, I save lives and I love blood.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Holding the microphone in the karaoke and not giving others the chance to sing. Admit it, we all do. You can also include sketching portraits of strangers and dancing.
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
‘Eurotrip’ sana pero ‘How I met your mother’ na lang. Dibs!
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
Not a single word. Just let him be him. I live life not to have any regrets. Don’t fix what isn’t broken. Boom! #micdrop
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
Teleport me beside everyone who’s having a heart attack. The world will be a safer place if everyone knows how to perform CPR. This has always been my advocacy. Push hard and fast para swabe.
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Danaerys Targaryen as main course, with Sansa Stark and Margaery Tyrell on the side. Don’t judge me please. Wholesome tayo. Foods lang paguusapan namin promise.
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
I don’t wanna die. Bacon and beer please.
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
Ellen Adarna – I want to see the worl….Nevermind. Haha! Sige na nga, Xander Ford na lang because Pogi Goals. Heart Heart.
9. What is the best present you ever received?
My daughter and my wife.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Miriam Defensor-Santiago. Who doesn’t admire her?! Plus, with all these things happening right now, we all need a dose of Miriam in the government para tumino yung makukulit.
11. How old should a person start traveling?
Everyone can start traveling at any age! But you will only fully enjoy it when you’re at least 18 and above. You know you’re not allowed to do most of the “fun” things before you turn 18, right? Yehboi! At least have the freedom first to do so.
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
That time when I just hopped on a bus going way down south with only a phone, a 500 peso bill, a sling bag, and a long weekend. I ended up living with the locals, learning lots of different things and having the best 4 days of my life.
Oh! Plus yung natulog kami sa haunted house, HRT2 the best!! Whooo!! Miss you fam.
13. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
The bully with a good heart. Haha! Pero honestly, the bully with a good heart.