#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
And its Monday again! In today’s Road Tripper Monday, we will be knowing more about Danielle Tamara Fabella! Danielle joined an Experience Philippines Singles Road Trip in 2018. She is a painter and an online freelancer. Mara is creatively inspired by things that spark stories in her hear, it could be visuals, music, people, or other stories.
To know more about Mara, read more about her here —
1. What do you do for a living?
I’m a painter and an online freelancer.
2. What inspires you?
I’m inspired by people who you can tell are 100% invested and passionate in what they do, whether that’s their job or a simple hobby. I’m creatively inspired by things that spark stories in my head. These could be visuals, music, people, or other stories. If you show me something then catch me quietly staring off into the distance, then congratulations, you’ve inspired me.
3. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Spluring on desserts, books, and active wear… and Facebook drama (that I have no stake in or will not be personally affected by whatsoever).
4. What was your best experience joining the road trip?
Going white water rafting was so much fun! It was my first time to do so, and I loved every foamy, splashy, and bumpy minute of it.
5. What is the title of the movie of your life?
“The Perks(??) of Being Mara Fabella”. Yes, the question marks are part of the title. This will probably change in a year… or tomorrow.
6. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16-year-old self?
Don’t be afraid to try out more things, even if you might not be all that good in them.
7. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
THE LOUVRE! If you were to teleport me to the Louvre right now, you would never see me again. I can spend ages looking at paintings. Option #2 would be MoMA in New York.
8. You, unfortunately, have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
I can’t speak for every meal around the world, but tapsilog is my go-to meal for… anything and everything.
9. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Probably Chris Evans, because he seems like such an intelligent and genuine guy. And, you know… other reasons. 😀
10. How would you explore a destination on your own?
I’m not good at traveling on my own, so I’d probably start by Googling “how to explore a destination on your own”.
11. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
I can’t imagine trading places with another person, because, oh, the ethical and emotional dilemmas. But I’d probably switch with any prolific artist either here in the Philippines or abroad just to see what “making it” feels like. Also, maybe Robert Downey, Jr.
12. What is the best present you ever received?
A recent present I gifted to myself was a weekend trip to Baler. This was my first time taking a trip out of town for my birthday and marked the start of what is sure to be a long tradition of out-of-town birthday trips.
13. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Is this separate from my one-night-only date? Haha! I’d love to have a cup of coffee with Neil Gaiman.
14. How old should a person start traveling?
However old you need to be to know what “traveling” means!
15. If you could go back in time and to relive any moment in your life exactly as it originally happened, what event would choose to experience again?
That’s difficult as I’m not that good in remembering past life events, but on the subject of travel, I’d probably pick the first time I traveled out of the country, which was to Singapore.
16. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
I still have so many more places to travel to, but I think I can confidently say our beaches are unlike anywhere else in the world.
17. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
“Mara was a very quiet person, but she was also pretty awesome.” Still working on the awesome part. 🙂
#FASTTALK: What turns you on?