#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
In the course of the many road trips, the appeal of having to do a random road trip with random strangers to some random place is not limited to local Filipinos, it has also captured the curiosity of foreigners working in the Philippines. Meet Esther Mumbi or Esther, she is a Kenyan Medical Doctor who has been working in the World Health Organization in the Philippines. One of the privileges of organizing these Random Road Trips is the opportunity to meet people who are creating positive change in the world. Some we see, very visible in mainstream media but others like Esther who is working silently by sharing her medical knowledge and giving the gift of healing to our fellow Filipinos. Thank you Esther! May you continue to touch lives with your healing hands and be an inspiration to soon to be doctors!
To know more about Esther, read more about her here —
1. What do you do for a living?
– I am a medical doctor working as a public health specialist and hopefully improving lives a day at a time.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
– A good cocktail.
3. What is the title of the movie of your life?
– Rock and roll
4. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16 year old self?
– “Sometimes bad things happen to good people,you may be hurt by people you deeply loved and trusted,life may throw stones at you,you may fail after several attempts but the important thing to do is pick up the pieces from the experiences,dust off the failures and keep walking….and most importantly remember that God is in control,you are not a mistake,you are his grand plan therefore live in a grand way…..through your thoughts,beliefs and actions! “
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
– To Nairobi Kenya.To be with my mum and small brother Njage …..i miss them both toooo much.
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
– No answer.
7. You, unfortunately have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
– Nyama Choma (roasted steak kenyan speciality).
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
– Lupita Nyong’o,she is a kenyan actress who won the oscar’s and is starring in star wars the force awakens.I would want to feel what she meant when she said YOUR DREAMS ARE VALID during the Oscars acceptance speech.I have some big dreams which sometimes scare me(i would just want to know how i will feel when they become a reality smile emoticon and i too will say the words My dreams were valid)
9. What is the best present you ever received?
– Health and life , its a daily present with different packages
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
– Ellen Degeneres,we share a birthday, she likes to dance, she makes me smile anytime I watch her show and I strive to live by the closing statement in her show ‘be kind to one another’.
11. How old should a person start traveling?
– As soon as you can walk……travel travel travel! i have met wonderful people and i have learnt great lessons through my travelling.I now Know that people are people whatever the differences
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
-I have had many great experiences in the Ph.over the past one year i joined over 15 trips to all over the Ph,from palawan to mindoro to mountain province ,quezon province….each of them was a beautiful experience!But most MEMORABLE was the first trip with experience ph to nueva viscaya where i met a beautiful soul mum Sue who has been my travel buddy and we have made many beautiful memories together,she is now my family not just a random road tripper heart emoticon Mum Sue,and thanks.
13. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
A KIND SOUL.