#RoadTripperMonday – a weekly feature of our very own Road Tripper.
And its Monday again! In today’s Road Tripper Monday, we will be knowing more about Gilbert Sococ! Gilbert joined Random Road trip and Singles Road trip in the year 2018. He is a Technology Relationship Manager. Gilbert grew up in the Philippines, enjoyed and had a wonderful childhood experiencing outdoor games.
To know more about Gilbert, read more about him here —
1. What do you do for a living?
Technology Relationship Manager
2. What inspires you?
Knowing things I have done have positive effect to others
3. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Watching local soap operas and reality shows and dropping by Jollibee after going to the gym
4. What was your best experience joining the road trip?
SRT in Burdeos Island – the island hopping, the food, the bonding with fellow roadtrippers under the stars and the river tubing.
5. What is the title of the movie of your life?
The Life of G
6. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 16-year-old self?
Be more adventurous and don’t be afraid to make mistakes… also, take more pictures
7. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would it be and why?
In Rooty Hill in Sydney in Australia
8. You, unfortunately, have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Taco soup from Pancake House, my mom’s lumpiang sariwa and kaldereta, jumbo siopao from Kowloon House, Carmen’s best salted caramel ice cream, green tea
9. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
10. How would you explore a destination on your own?
By being lost going there and finding my way back. I’m so bad with directions but good in finding ways.
11. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
Someone in coma — just wanted to experience one week of uninterrupted sleep. I hope he enjoyed my sleep-deprived life.
12. What is the best present you ever received?
I rarely received gifts so every gift means a lot to me. (Not to mention that i am easy to please)
13. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
Dante Gulapa. I wanna take dancing lessons from him.
14. How old should a person start traveling?
As early as they can appreciate it
15. If you could go back in time and to relive any moment in your life exactly as it originally happened, what event would choose to experience again?
My first trip to the US. I should be more adventurous then and explore more.
16. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
I had a wonderful childhood and i was able to experience playing outdoor games such as taguan, agawan base, syato, piko, patintero, tex, tumbang preso, etc. As a kid, we don’t have much toys back then but it didn’t stop us from having fun.
17. In one sentence, how would you like people to remember you?
A reliable friend.
#FASTTALK: What turns you on?