Today, we are very happy to introduce JC Bisnar or JC. He is one of the youngest professional stockbrockers we know who has been trading since his early college years. His business sense is unmatched for his young age. We first met JC on a road trip to Cagbalete. He was intrigued by the sense of randomness of the trip. But what made him love Experience Philippines are the people he met on the trip. The feeling of liberation from the set itineraries to going out of your usual self to make new friends and to exploring unusual destinations! We are really lucky to have met this inspiring person.
To know more about JC, read more about him here —
1. What do you do for a living?
I trade stocks for a living. I’m a stock broker. Besides handling my own funds, I manage other people’s money too.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
My work doesn’t require me to go to an office or work in an 8-5pm setting that’s why I’m sometimes guilty of over traveling. Sometimes I spend a week or more in vacation and I forget what date it is, the good thing is that I’m still able to compromise with my work since all I need is net access and a phone.
I also like to taste the cuisine of the different places that I go to. Literally, I try out every resto that I find interesting sometimes I end up paying a lot for food. but it’s all good, money you can make back, experiences you can’t!
3. What is the title of the movie about your life?
4. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your 16 year old self?
Let it flow, great things take time.. be patient.
5. If you can be teleported anywhere around the world, where would that be and why?
I’d want to be teleported in the best sports rehabilitation center in the world and train with the best doctors and athletes to fix my torn ACL. Basketball is my first passion. I want to be able to play again as hardcore as I did when I was a kid.
6. Which celebrity would you go on a “one-night-only-date” with?
Jeniffer Lawrence, I think she’s cool and bad-ass
7. You, unfortunately, have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Steak, pizza, seafood risotto, beef casserole, lots of wine, chocolate cake and Tater’s white cheddar popcorn. haha
8. If you could trade places with anyone right now, for a week, who would it be and why?
I’d trade places with the president. I’d change all the laws and policies that are flawed so that I can guide the direction of our country. It has so much potential yet much of what we have is put to waste due to abuse of power, greed and ignorance of the masses.
First thing I’d do would be to take away voting rights for non-tax payers and put tighter audits on government funds. I’d also change our educational system putting great emphasis on Entrepreneurship. Then I’d implement principles and guidelines that emulate how the Japanese people operate or live, I think we Filipinos can learn a lot from their discipline.
9. Best present you have ever received.
True love and friendship. I don’t really care bout material stuff. I appreciate real moments and people.
10. If you could meet a famous or not so famous person, who would that be and why?
George Soros, he’s a legendary trader. I’m curious bout his ideologies he seem to have very deep ideas not only on trading but also on philanthropy
11. How old should a person start traveling?
At any age.. as young as possible. I think the best thing we learn from traveling is when we get to connect with the places and new people.. it’s not about the tourist spots, the luxuries or the pleasures, it’s about finding yourself slowly while immersing into the unknown.
12. What is your best experience in traveling/living in the Philippines?
El Nido, Palawan. I love the beach, I love how certain parts of it are so serene. It helps you find your peace. If I would be given the choice I’d live here and just establish my business there. I also like the diversity of people, it’s like foreign land except that you are still in the Philippines, you get to learn from people from different cultures.
13. In one sentence, how would like people to remember you?
“I wanna be like this man when I grow up.”